These tools are regularly updated with industry and sales data to help companies strategize long-term and seasonally, better understand their customers, and ultimately, make smarter business choices.
This interactive insight tool demonstrates how to optimize the health, beauty, personal care, wellness and general merchandise experience by offering total store solutions and new product assortment ideas.
Retailers, pharmacists, CPG suppliers and many others can leverage the roadmap to:
- Access more than 140 insightful selfcare whitepapers that will help you meet the growing demand in a $64B industry
- Search and explore a wide variety of purchase journeys that are relevant for your shoppers
- Learn what’s on shoppers’ minds versus what they place in their basket at their preferred outlets
- Discover how maintaining, preventing, recovering or caregiving missions affect the spend
- Analyze the market opportunity by geography, occasion, category, and basket
More than 800 syndicated reports built in collaboration with NielsenIQ, with over 20 million coded UPCs, making it possible to consistently code and follow GM products in all channels.
- The GM Hierarchy organizes and quantifies GM category data in order to increase marketplace performance and provide better understanding of the GM categories.
- There are 18 major categories identified and defined as ‘Level 1’ in the GM Hierarchy including – Apparel, Baby, Candy, Electronics & Personal Entertainment.
- Each ‘Level 1′ category is then divided further down the scale based on its level of detail.
- This organizational structure offers retailers the ability to gauge channel activity and sales trends in the GM industry while only having to search a single resource.
IRI HBC Category Data provides total category sales for the grocery and drug channels, on a total U.S. or regional basis.
Updated every month, this service enables GMDC members to gain insights into the overall sales trends in over 90 HBC product categories, and thereby gain a better understanding of the competitive interplay and relative performance of product categories.
Information is provided in the areas of:
- Dollar/Unit Sales
- Sales Growth/Loss
- Promotional Lift
The GMDC/NielsenIQ Selfcare Hierarchy was created as a tool to track and create visibility to important sales information by-product in the selfcare categories.
The sales information gives a detailed look at trends across all selfcare categories representing products that shoppers purchase pertaining to their personal health and wellness in the food and drug channels, and extends to all channels of retail combined.
- The Selfcare Hierarchy organizes and quantifies health, beauty, wellness, personal care, and other selfcare category data in order to increase marketplace performance and provide better understanding of selfcare categories.
- There are 53 mega-categories. Each mega-category is then divided further down the scale based on level of detail.
- This organizational structure offers retailers the ability to gauge channel activity and sales trends in the selfcare industry while only having to search a single resource.