Barware, bug zappers and beer cap maps among most popular, innovative
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., July 6, 2016 – – Global Market Development Center announced the 10 companies participating in the 2016 General Merchandise Marketing Conference showcase that had the highest number of product interest scans by retailers and wholesalers. The association also introduced its Board Chair’s Choice items from the showcase.
The GM16 showcase included more than 3,500 product selections as well as innovative in-store display options from companies including BIC Corp., OXO, Yankee Candle Co., GE Lighting and Healthy Pet. Brands ranked highest with the most product interest scans:
- True Fabrications – True Brands™ barware
- PIC® Corporation – Insect Killer Zapper bulb
- Bradshaw International, Inc. – Good Cook® cooking and baking supplies
- Big Time Products, LLC – Rainbrella Sports Collection
- Feldstein & Associates, Inc. – Home and gift supplies
- Scrub Daddy – Cleaning sponges
- Newell Brands – Contigo travel mugs
- Baby Fanatic – NFL licensed baby shoes and bibs
- Funtastic America, Inc. – Chill Factor slushy cups
- Tervis® – Tumblers and hydration supplies
“One of the main reasons retailers attend our conference is the treasure hunt – the element of discovery,” said Patrick Spear, president and CEO of GMDC. “The products and brands that piqued the most interest in our showcase this year did so primarily because of what fuels destination shopping: Innovation. The industry — and today’s consumer — demands it, so retailers are looking for it in order to stay ahead and differentiate themselves. At the same time, suppliers and innovators are responding to the challenge. ”
New for 2016, GMDC board chair, Steve Davis of Weis Markets Inc., separately named three products from the showcase as his Board Chair’s Choice during the conference. Davis selected items that would drive anticipated sales at their company, be amongst the top consumer choice at retail and that had everyday use. Winners included:
- Just for Laughs Enterprises die cast toy cars
- Fit & Fresh® fashion lunch bags with portion containers
- Aries Manufacturing Boss® MyKits first-aid kits
Davis noted that toy cars are one of the highest-selling center store items in the grocery channel.
Following the conference, GMDC and its showcase participants donated products featured at the event to the Harbor House of Central Florida, an organization working to prevent and eliminate domestic abuse in Central Florida.
The next GMDC conference, 2016 Health Beauty Wellness, will be held Sept. 28-Oct. 2, 2016 in San Antonio, Texas. For more information, visit https://www.gmdc.org/conferences/2016-hbw-conference.