The Global Market Development Center (GMDC) has announced the companies with Top 10 Showcase Products at the GMDC Pavilion Showcase featured at the National Grocers Association’s (NGA) 2014 NGA Show.\
The 2014 NGA Show, was held Feb. 9 – 12 in Las Vegas, Nev., and offered GMDC and its members the unique opportunity to bring The GMDC Showcase to NGA’s Expo Floor.
The 3,000-square foot GMDC pavilion allowed GMDC members to highlight their newest lines and to promote both General Merchandise and Health Beauty Wellness Products and Categories. NGA Retailers and Wholesalers were able to study and compare new products and supplier offerings during the pre-ordering process. The NGA attendees walked the pavilion reviewing products in various merchandising vehicles and scanning the ones they were most interested in. Products ranged in variety from Floor and Counter-top Displays to Pallet Programs, Clip Strips and Single Retail Items.
Concluding the NGA Show, GMDC tallied the Showcase’s scanned items, which consisted of over 117 entries from 85 companies, and the Top 10 scanned items resulted in the following:
- Fun Time Inflation Station by MegaFun USA – MegaFun, North America’s premier manufacturer in the toy and gift industry of the highest quality glass toy marbles and Payaso® play balls and jumping balls. The FunTime Inflation Station features a proprietary 8.5″ Play Balls called Inflate-A-Balls®. Customers get to choose and inflate their own Inflate-A-Ball on the spot, at the store! All kid-powered!
- Oenophilia EmPOURium by Oenophilia – To help you make the most of that valuable real estate and achieve the highest profit return, we have created the Oenophilia EmPOURium with the needs of retailers in mind. Accommodates up to 55 items with a small footprint: 18″ diameter and 72″ height.
- The Cappy by Cappy – The Cappy is truly a unique product that functions as a beverage can CLOSER and opener. It is available in 12 distinctive colors. The Cappy color identifies ownership, extends freshness/carbonation, keeps the drinking surface clean, protects the integrity of the beverage, and reduces spills.
- As Seen on TV by L & R Distributors – The latest items from the popular As Seen on TV Category. Planograms range from 3ft to 12ft. We break cases, so you can have the variety without excess inventory.
- Enoz Fruit Fly Trap by Willert Home Products – With Willert’s commitment to keeping your home pest-free, their Enoz Fruit Fly Traps is 2 to 1 more effective at attracting and killing than the #1 brand. Easy to use, just pull and fill, the trap is sealed for product stability. Non-Toxic, safe for kids and pets, lasts up to 30 days.
- Lifestyle Wine & Bar Tool Line by True Fabrications – True Fabrications is the leading wine lifestyle brand for thousands of wine retailers around the world with their wine chiller and wine aerator.
- Printed Cell Cases by Novelty Inc. – Another Novelty winner! The is one in a series of cell case floor displays produced by Novelty, Inc. that blows out of the market quickly. This display contains sizes for popular phones such as iPhone 4G, iPhone 5G, and Samsung Galaxy S III. The large variety of designs includes camo, retro, inspirational, youthful, and much more.
- Chia Omega 3 Chia Seeds by Joseph Enterprises – Chia Omega 3 Chia Seeds are an excellent source of ALA Omega-3, promoting heart health; fiber, promoting digestive health; and calcium, promoting strong bones and protein and antioxidants.
- The Ove Glove by Joseph Enterprises – The Ove Glove Hot Surface, now with non-slip silicone grip. Withstands extreme heat up to 540 degrees F. High heat protection, non-slip grip, flame resistant. Made of Kevlar and Nomex by Dupont. Machine washable.
Three Way Tie for 10th Place
- Tub of Towels Specialty Wipes by Federal Process – The “World’s Toughest Wipes” are quickly becoming the performance enthusiast’s top choice for knocking out tough grime and grease at the garage or track. Packed with cleaning muscle, each towel is bigger, stronger and tougher than other wipes; conveniently sized to fit in a toolbox or glove compartment.
- Rubbermaid Lunch Box by Newell Rubbermaid Rubbermaid LunchBlox makes packing lunch easier than ever. These modular containers snap together in multiple configurations to efficiently use the space in your lunch box or bag. Your lunch stays chilled with snap in Blue Ice.
- 6-Bin Technology Center by Tell Industries – Our 6-Bin Technology Center features six high quality/high margin tech accessories that are must-haves for anyone who uses a cell phone or tablet. The 6″x8″ display is perfect for countertop placement and has been a proven winner when placed near the register at checkout.
To view photos of these Top 10 Showcase Products go to http://gmdc.org/index.asp?w=pages&r=3&pid=420.
GMDC congratulates these Top 10 Showcase Products and thanks all those who participated! At the end of the show, GMDC, along with Freeman, partnered with The Shade Tree, a Las Vegas located charity, and donated many of the Showcase products to them.
For additional information regarding the GMDC Pavilion Showcase featured at the 2014 NGA Show contact Jason Weber at email@example.com or 719-785-7362.
About The Shade Tree
The Shade Tree was founded in 1989 to provide safe shelter to homeless and abused women and children in crisis and to offer life-changing services promoting stability, dignity, and self-reliance in the Las Vegas Region.
The Global Market Development Center (GMDC) is the premier global trade association dedicated to serving General Merchandise and Health Beauty Wellness retailers, wholesalers and suppliers. GMDC promotes critical connectivity to grow and expand member companies by uniting members through business building events and opportunities and enriching their thinking through education and training; consumer and business insights; and information resources.