Kitchenware Trending Among Most Popular Products
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – July 9, 2018 – Leading retail industry trade association Global Market Development Center (GMDC) recently hosted the 2018 GMDC General Merchandise Conference in Orlando, Fla. The event brought together retailers, wholesalers, suppliers and service/solution companies representing grocery, drug, mass, specialty and convenience channels of trade. Each participant was focused on product discovery, identifying trends and opportunities, and creating collaboration to fuel growth of GM categories to stay competitive in an ever-evolving marketplace.
348 companies displayed 3,500+ of their most innovative products and merchandising solutions at the conference’s Product Showcase. Equipped with a device to scan the Showcase entries they found most likely to generate strong consumer interest, retail and wholesale representatives browsed the latest products and trends. The Top 10 entries in the Showcase were:
- Ad-N-Art, Inc.: Asobu® Coldbrew Insulated Portable Brewer (Gold Award). Founded in Montreal, Canada, Ad-N-Art is among North America’s fastest-growing developers and designers of eco-friendly drinkware products.
- TableTops Unlimited, Inc.: Kitchen Prepware (Silver Award). This California-based producer of casual lifestyle products designs, markets and manufactures non-electric housewares including prepware, cookware, bakeware, serveware, dinnerware and storage items.
- True Brands™: Build the Bar with True Brands (Bronze Award). Headquartered in Seattle, Wash., this worldwide designer and supplier of beverage lifestyle accessories ranked among the GM Conference 2016 Showcase Top Ten with its barware.
- Neoflam®: Pantry Canister with Smart Seal™. This multinational corporation caters to today’s conscientious consumers by providing innovative, stylish kitchenware that benefits human and environmental wellbeing.
- Big Time Products®: Rainbrella. In a repeat Top 10 appearance, Georgia-based Big Time Products—which began with an idea that two retail experts sketched on a napkin—has established itself in the work, garden, automotive and household glove categories and now encompasses multiple brands.
- Newell Brands: Ball® Keepsake Snowflake Jar. With global headquarters in New Jersey and a vast stable of recognized brands, Newell Brands—also included in the 2016 Top 10–generates approximately $15 billion in annual sales and employs more than 45,000 people around the world.
- The Sports Vault Corp.™: TSV Home Kitchen Display. Experienced in the manufacture and distribution of sports and entertainment licensed consumer products, this Canadian company holds licenses by all four major professional sports leagues.
- U.S. Poly Enterprise, Inc.: Stemless Wine Glasses. This Missouri manufacturer of beverage insulators provides retailers, businesses and organizations with can coolers, sport bottles and neoprene drink insulators that can be personalized with a custom imprint.
- Accent-Fairchild Group: Clearlock™ Food Storage. Serving as the Canadian partner for select houseware and hardware manufacturers, Accent-Fairchild Group taps its extensive retail knowledge to make it a key component in the success of many well-known products.
- Smartworks Consumer Products: Classic Games. Another New Jersey company, Smartworks designs and markets impulse-driven products in the gaming, executive gifts, drinkware, automotive accessories and personal care categories.
In addition, Tim Buskey of Intuity Medical, Inc., GMDC board chair, selected three standout product lines as winners of the 2018 Chairman’s Choice award:
- Wilshire Industries, LLC: Pakka Wood Kitchenware. This California company specializes in the design, manufacture and import of consumer products such as the eye-catching Pakka collection of wooden utensils, serving pieces and barware tinted with food-safe dye.
- True Brands™: Twine Rustic Elegance Barware. Coming from a company well recognized in the GM Showcase, this extensive line of home goods for entertaining features an on-trend, refined farmhouse aesthetic.
- Alliance Sports Group® (ASG): True Utility® Tools. This Texas-based designer, manufacturer and distributor of innovative consumer products oversees a family of brands including the True Utility line of pocket tools and knives.“We’re thrilled with one of our most successful conferences yet,” said Patrick Spear, president and CEO of GMDC. “In a matter of five days, GMDC curated more than 9,000 partner meetings that connected 55 retailers with 285 suppliers, to establish and grow trading partner relationships and enhance the path to new product discovery for retailers. In addition, and for the first time, we hosted a Retail Tomorrow Wake-Up Call presentation for our attendees that put them face to face with innovators that are reshaping the retail environment with new technology and services, including Sampler, Spacee and DART Displays.”
For more details on the 2018 GM Conference, see Innovations Magazine. GMDC’s Health Beauty Wellness Conference, considered the go-to event for retail success in these categories, will be held Sept. 13-17. For more information, please visit: .