CART: Center for Advancing Retail & Technology: March 4th
2020 was certainly a year that called for innovation and new thinking. But due to travel limitations, many companies struggled to connect with the early-stage startup companies that are most likely to bring real innovation to retail.
In response to the disruption of 2020, GMDC|Retail Tomorrow is launching the Startup Mic-Drop series, a 2021 program that will allow our members and industry participants to easily discover the most innovative startups.
The New Commerce
eCommerce is coming together with in-store technologies to create better, faster, and different ways for customers to shop and have their orders fulfilled. In this session, we’ll explore the automation, AI, and future technologies that are creating commerce in retail, tomorrow.
During this first of six Mic-Drop events, CART: Center for Advancing Retail & Technology will present five technology startup companies to GMDC|Retail Tomorrow and the industry judges of the Startup Mic-Drop 2021 series, putting themselves in the running for the Mic-Drop Showdown and grand prize at the end of the year.
What to Expect
- A one-hour session
- Five 5-minute pitches from innovative technology startups
- A panel of five industry executives serving as judges and offering real-time feedback to the founders and innovators will select a winner who will participate in the Startup Showdown at the end of the year where an overall champion will be selected and awarded a $10,000 prize
- All registered viewers of the events will have the opportunity to have further one-on-one discussions with any startup of interest
Meet the Startups
- Stor.ai – A unique, data-driven digital shopping experience (online and offline) platform bringing together fulfillment and eCommerce.
- Tortise – Electric delivery cart for a cost-effective way to deliver groceries, parcels, and goods the last mile.
- Veeve – Smart carts equipped with cameras, sensors, and scales for faster, easier checkout.
- Popspots – The fastest-growing digital advertising network in grocery leveraging checkout screens with AI management of inventory.
- FutureProof Retail – Industry-leading scan-and-go solution that is scalable and cost-effective for retailers of all sizes.