JumpStart Foundry: May 6th
Watch the Full Startup Mic-Drop Episode
Please complete the below form and wait for the page to refresh to watch the full Future-Facing Selfcare episode.
2020 was certainly a year that called for innovation and new thinking. But due to travel limitations, many companies struggled to connect with the early-stage startup companies that are most likely to bring real innovation to retail.
In response to the disruption of 2020, GMDC|Retail Tomorrow is launching the Startup Mic-Drop series, a 2021 program that will allow our members and industry participants to easily discover the most innovative startups.
Increasing consumer awareness of Selfcare opportunities and occasions are merging with in-store technologies to create new solutions for personal wellness and the in-store experience. In this session, we’ll explore the product innovations that are driving Selfcare category growth in retail, tomorrow.
What to Expect
- A one-hour session
- Five 5-minute pitches from innovative product startups
- A panel of industry executives serving as judges and offering real-time feedback to the founders and innovators will select a winner who will participate in the Startup Showdown at the end of the year
- The overall champion of the Showdown will be awarded a $10,000 prize and the winning product concept will receive a test distribution pilot on Boxed.com
- All registered viewers of the events will have the opportunity to have further one-on-one discussions with any startup of interest
Meet the Startups
- Kegelbell – the most powerful kegel exercise weight set on the market
- ReCoup Fitness – versatile products that combine compression and temperature therapy for muscle pain and workout recovery
- Mimijumi – the anti-colic baby bottle
- Nouri – probiotic and immunity-enhancing dietary supplements
- VendRx – automated prescription dispensing service for retailers and health & wellness provider locations
Meet Our Judges