Startup Showdown: December 9th
2020 was certainly a year that called for innovation and new thinking. But due to travel limitations, many companies struggled to connect with the early-stage startup companies that are most likely to bring real innovation to retail.
In response to the disruption of 2020, GMDC|Retail Tomorrow is launching the Startup Mic-Drop series, a 2021 program that will allow our members and industry participants to easily discover the most innovative startups.
The Mic-Drop Showdown
Join us on December 9th, when we’ll host the five winners of our Startup Mic-Drop episodes in a Final Showdown for a $10,000 grand prize. You’ll meet the founders and disruptors creating the next generation of innovative, better-for-you products and retail technology solutions. Our industry judges will challenge the founders to demonstrate why their idea is worthy of being named the Mic-Drop Showdown Champion!
What to Expect
- One-hour Session.
- Companies/founders divided into two sections.
- The “Product” team, coached by Brian Gordon.
- The “Tech” team, coached by Sterling Hawkins.
- Three-minute pitches from each of the founders, followed by a rigorous unscripted Q&A from the judging panel. Anything can happen!
- $10,000 Grand Prize.
- All registered viewers will have the opportunity to engage in further one-on-one conversations with the presenting founders.
Meet the Finalists
- Tortoise – Electric delivery cart for a cost-effective way to deliver groceries, parcels, and goods the last mile.
- Nouri – probiotic and immunity-enhancing dietary supplements.
- Moody’s – Ice cream with adaptogens, herbalist flavors, and functional ingredients that taste delicious and delivers a targeted health or sensory benefit.
- Lightbox provides customers with a one tap, on-screen experience to browse and purchase online-only inventory while shopping in- store.
- LAMIK Beauty is a tech-enabled clean color cosmetics company focusing on women of all diverse backgrounds.
Meet Our Judges